Closing Date: 12:00pm 02nd November 2020
SCALE: APT&C Grade 2 (£9.43 per hour)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Manager
Main Duties of the Post
To work under the direct instruction of the Site Manager or designated member of staff, usually as part of a team: to undertake the cleaning of designated areas within the school premises to ensure they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition.
Duties will include cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing and dusting of the designated areas (which may include toilets and shower areas) and fixtures and fittings using, where appropriate, powered equipment. Duties may vary between term and closure periods.
• To use general electrical equipment (polishers, vacuums, etc) in a safe and proper manner, following all safety precautions including checking for damage to cables and plugs.
• Assist in setting up of the school Hall, deliveries as and when required.
• Buff relevant flooring.
• Attend any training courses relevant to duties.
• Maintain good relationships with children, parents, governors and visitors to the school.
Health and Safety Duties
• To comply with Health and Safety legislation, promoting a safe working environment.
• Assist in reporting any damage to the Site Management Team.
• To appropriately clean areas in and around school such as; toilet areas, stairways and landings, offices and classrooms, halls and gyms, specialist units and suites.
• Be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
• Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings and training, as required.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development, as required.
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
To undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as requested by line manager or Headteacher.