Closing Date: 09:00am 16th May 2022
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen at this highly successful school as we seek to appoint an experienced, committed and talented professional to be our Headteacher from September 2022 or asap from September onwards.
George Stephenson High School is an 11-18 Trust School of 1204 students, 112 of whom are in the Sixth Form. Our school has a really positive ethos, with very strong pastoral and academic guidance and a real emphasis on learning in everything we do. This school is and will always be a fully inclusive school which puts the students at the very centre of all that it does. We want it to be a school that is always a happy, safe and enjoyable place to be. Further to that we want the school to be at the very heart of the local community and to be the school of choice of all who live here. We have a committed, enthusiastic and highly skilled staff team, a supportive governing body and superb students. We genuinely believe the support, care and welfare of our students is second to none and we are a school which puts the students at the very centre of all that it does. We are though not a complacent school. There are many aspects that we can improve further and our challenge is to do this without compromising our existing strengths.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection was in November 2019 and they judged our school to be Good overall, and indeed Good in every single category. We believe that this is a real testament to our students and staff and to how hard we have all work and how committed we are to providing the best possible educational experience for all of our students.
If you have passion and energy to inspire and motivate students and staff; a proven track record of success in raising standards; exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to teamwork and capacity for hard work whilst retaining a sense of perspective and humour then we would love to hear from you. The successful candidate will be an inspirational leader who can demonstrate passion, integrity and a strong record of effective practice.
Making the decision whether to apply for a new post is always challenging on a number of levels but hopefully the applicant pack provides you with all of the information that supports you in choosing to proceed and make an application.
We are looking for someone who will:
• expand and develop our vision to deliver continued improvement
• have proven strategic leadership and management experience
• demonstrate improvements in quality of teaching and learning to an outstanding level
• demonstrate the ability to engage, motivate, support and enable others
• foster excellent relationships with staff, students, parents, governors and other stakeholders
• have the care and commitment to ensure that every child achieves their full potential, both academically and as well-rounded individuals
• be able to respond positively to challenge and change
• be approachable to all and promote a happy, safe, inclusive learning environment
We can offer you the opportunity:
• to work with a highly motivated staff team and a committed, supportive and proactive Governing Body
• to actively engage in your continuing professional development
• to develop working relationships with our strong and active partnerships
Please find an application form and job details on our website:- www.gshs.org.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 16th May
GEORGE STEPHENSON HIGH SCHOOL
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Tel: 0191 216 1115
George Stephenson High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.