- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Governing Body of George Stephenson High School, like the whole school has worked over the last year on defining its role and responsibilities. We believe our role is to advise, support and challenge the school in order to deliver outstanding education. We will do this by:-
- Contributing to a structured involvement in school Governance
- Listening, challenging and feeding back across all aspects of school life
- Keeping informed on local and national education issues and using and improving our skillset and strengths to support continuous school improvement.
- Being accountable to each other and to our Parents, Community, the Local Authority, Students and School for our actions.
- At all times being a critical friend.