A record breaking 85% of our students secured a place at their first choice university with the rest securing their second choice or getting into University through clearing. 40% of our students are going to a Russell Group university.
We had six students that achieved A*/A grades across the board – including twins who achieved 5 A*s and 1 A between them - Peter Anderson achieved two A*s and an A, and is going to Cambridge to read Chemical Engineering. Richard Anderson achieved three A*s and is going to Warwick to read Maths.
We were also delighted that we achieved our best set of GCSE results for the last three years. 65% of our students achieved an A*-C grade in both English and Maths. The progress made by our students was excellent, particularly in English where an outstanding 78% made three levels of progress and 50% made four levels of progress. We also had a huge increase in the number of students achieving the EBACC suite of qualifications. Our highest achieving student was a boy who achieved 8A*s and 3 A grades.
For the last six years over 62% of our students have achieved 5 or more A*-C GCSEs including English and Maths. These results have been particularly pleasing in the light of the changes to the examination system and the widespread volatility nationally and locally in the GCSE results over the last few years. Over the same six year period 74% of our students have achieved an A*-C in English and 72% have achieved an A*-C in Maths, both figures being well above national average every year. The majority of our students are again staying with us for Sixth Form but we are also very proud to say that last year every single one of our Year 11 students was successful in securing a destination in education, employment, an apprenticeship or training.
Key Stage 4 Results 2016
All figures below are not yet validated - (provisional) DFE figures for 2016 performance tables except where stated;
- Overall Progress 8 Score = -0.27 (National 0.00)
- Overall Attainment 8 Score = 4.99 (National 4.93)
- Percentage of pupils gaining a good pass in English and Maths = 65% (National 62%)
- Percentage of pupils achieving the English Baccalaureate combination of subjects (this means pupils who got a GCSE grade C or above in English, Maths, 2 Sciences, a Language, and History or Geography) = 31% (National 24%)
Key Stage 5 Results 2016
All figures below are unvalidated (provisional) DFE figures for 2016 performance tables, except where stated;
- A Level Average Point Score per entry = 32.4 equivalent to grade C+ (National 2016 = 31.5)
- A Level Value Added Score (including AS grades) = -0.09 (National 2016 = 0.00)
- A Level Value Added Score (A Levels only) = +0.05 (National 2016 = 0.00)
- Applied General Average Point Score per entry = 30.6 equivalent to grade Distinction - (National 2016 = 34.7)
- Applied General Qualifications value added score = -0.56 (National 2016 = 0.00)
- The percentage of students who continue in education or training, or move on to employment at the end of 16 to 19 study = 81% (National = 73%)
- The percentage of students who continue in education at the end of 16 to 19 study = 78% (National = 65%)
- Retention rate = 84%
- The progress made by students in KS5 without GCSE English Grade C (9 students) = -0.78 (latest official data)
- The progress made by students in KS5 without GCSE English Grade C (8 students) = +0.75 (latest internal data)
- The progress made by students in 6th form without GCSE Maths Grade C (9 students) = -0.14 (latest official data)
- The progress made by students in 6th form without GCSE Maths Grade C (8 students) = +0.25 (latest internal data)
The DfE Performance tables can be accessed on the link below: